I don't know if it's the recent full moon in Pisces or the tail end of Saturn in Scorpio or what - and maybe it's just me - but it seems that things have been amping up significantly in the way of BECOMING AWARE about how the energy of other people and environments affects us, and in learning HOW TO MANAGE our own energy in the face of that. Granted, this is not a new concept, but it feels to me that there has been an acceleration in this process, a sense of urgency to master the lesson of discernment and to put it to good use. Illusion of separation aside, here on Earth in our human suits, I'm talking about learning to discern OUR energy from the energy of OTHERS and from the energy of the COLLECTIVE - to know the difference, to know what's ours, to take responsibility for and to manage what's ours, to make choices and to act based on our ability to discern:
One of my all-time favourite quotes (of controversial origin) is, "Be kind for everyone is facing a hard battle". Regardless of whoever actually coined the phrase, I do believe it wholeheartedly myself and strive to do it justice in my relationships and interactions. That said, there can be a fine line between being kind, having compassion and empathy, and staying bound to unhealthy energetic situations. Where do you draw the line in terms of what or whom you choose to surround yourself with? From news and ads on television and radio to posts on social media to real-time relationships and group associations, everything and everyone exudes energy. Whether or not you identify as someone who "feels energy", as an empath or a HSP (Highly Sensitive Person) or are aware of how it affects you, we ALL feel energy and are ALL affected by it. Although I've known about my intuitive and empathic abilities for many years, it is only recently that I've started to observe and to understand how very deeply the energy of others and of the collective affects me, how that has played out over the course of my life, how to discern and to own what's mine, and what I need to do to create healthy boundaries and to stay aligned with what supports my growth and well-being.
NOW is the time to take a step back and to assess with whom and what we choose to associate and to be surrounded by. If you or someone you love is struggling with discernment and is looking for support through one-on-one sessions, I am available locally in Montreal or can work via distance to anywhere in the world.
As always, I will leave you with questions for further reflection if ever they can be helpful in your process:
- Tax or drain your energy?
- Have an uplifting and positive effect on your energy?
- Trigger you to modify your personality (ex: sacrifice your authenticity or act in a certain way for the sake of acceptance or because you feel you're walking on eggshells)?
- Encourage your authenticity, integrity, accountability, self-love, and self-respect?
- Trigger you to engage in self-sabotaging behaviour or in drinking, smoking, drugs, gambling, self-mutilation, binge eating, starving or purging?
- Naturally encourage healthy habits and behaviours?
- Am I able to discern between energies based on how I feel and behave with specific people/groups and in certain environments?
- What is my payoff for staying tied to people/groups/environments that I know are having a negative or harmful effect on my health and well-being?
- Do I find myself unable to detach from unhealthy relationships or environments due to guilt, fear or self-loathing?
- Am I able to take responsibility for my own energy?
- Is it a priority for me to create and maintain healthy boundaries to support my growth and well-being?