Besides the array of themes associated to the sections of the spine and to the vertebrae themselves, experience leads me to believe that the back often holds what we can’t see, or perhaps what we don’t want to see. Although sometimes the back is simply a blind spot, it can point to issues that we are actively avoiding, to where we have stored trauma, or have “buried the wound” so to speak.
Over the years, clients have approached me with neck and back issues of all kinds - from minor tension and stiffness to serious conditions, some of them even stemming from birth. While certain symptoms resolve themselves quickly and others show improvement over time, I have observed that either way, working with consciousness along with the physical brings about significant shifts in awareness which greatly support and encourage one’s growth and one's healing process on all levels.
If you or someone you know is experiencing pain or symptoms in the neck or back, here are some questions for further reflection:
- Do you have difficulty accepting an aspect of your reality or a situation in your life?
- Do you tend to “swallow” your feelings? (love, affection, fear, anger, etc.)
- Are you rigid in your mindset or beliefs, unable or unwilling to see different points of view?
- Are you in a position of providing support to others and often put their needs before your own?
- Do you feel stable in life (physically/mentally/emotionally/spiritually/financially)?
- Have you felt or been betrayed by someone important to you?
- Do you notice ways in which you are betraying or have betrayed yourself?
- Have you suffered trauma or abuse (physical/emotional/psychological/sexual)?
- Do you often find yourself frustrated in life?
- Do you feel trapped or powerless under the hold of someone or something?
Again, the questions I ask in these articles and the insight or answers that may arise are just for you, a personal exercise if ever it can be helpful. For anyone who is reading this and curious about my approach, while I do work successfully hand in hand with doctors, chiropractors, osteopaths, kinesiologists, and physiotherapists, l will never manipulate or crack parts of the body in my sessions as that is not my expertise. That said, I am able to work effectively in-person and via distance using safe and non-invasive techniques which address body, mind, and spirit.
To stay up to date with news and session promotions be sure to sign up for my newsletter using the button at the bottom of my home page or the Newsletter Signup tab on my Facebook!
Before I sign off, I just want to say that I sincerely appreciate all the enthusiasm and great feedback I've received thus far about my new blogging venture and hope that my articles continue to provide you with something of value. Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for the next installment...!