As I sat down to outline the flow of my in-person and distance sessions and how I like to take ample time talking with my client before moving on to the energy work itself, I guess it hit me to what extent this aspect is deeply meaningful to me, and is often paramount to my client. My passion is connecting with people, pinpointing and unravelling the roots of one’s suffering - and I will say, that in eight years of clinical practice, it has been utterly astounding to see how many individuals, despite being surrounded by people, have gone through life without ever feeling truly acknowledged. It is shocking to see how many people lack relationships and interactions in their daily lives where they are met with compassion and empathy and truly feel seen, heard, and understood. Although this may not be considered to be a basic human need, I disagree - I believe that being acknowledged is vital for one to truly thrive and I believe that in many cases, the lack thereof contributes to an individual’s state of dis-ease. From personal experience I know how absolutely healing it is to connect with someone who acknowledges and appreciates you - not for what you DO, or for what you’ve ACHIEVED - but simply for who you ARE.
So, while some practitioners may not be overly concerned with their client’s conscious mind, nor keen to hear about everything they have going on, my experience is that this time spent talking together always proves to be highly relevant and rewarding for us both. Even though I keep a neutral perspective when we tap in for the energy work, nothing discussed ever goes to waste. Just as it brings me much joy to offer my full presence and to hold space for you to feel seen, heard, and understood, it brings me much joy to see that spark in your eyes in being seen, heard, and understood. Something so simple yet so elusive is a gift, and one which has the potential to set the stage for one to reset, to remember wholeness, and to return to a state of ultimate well-being.
- Are you met with presence, compassion, and empathy by the key players in your life?
- Are you able to reciprocate?
- Do you feel seen, heard, and understood?
- Do you feel acknowledged, appreciated, respected, recognized?
- Do you take the time to see, hear, and understand others?
- Do you show signs of acknowledgement, appreciation, respect, and recognition to others?
- How important are these things to you?
- If these things are important and remain unfulfilled, how do you feel?
- Do you have relationships where you are free to be yourself without judgment or compromise?
- Are you able to offer this to others?
- Do you believe that being acknowledged holds a key to healing for yourself and others?